Ah lipstick…it’s such a bittersweet thing. I love experimenting and trying different lipsticks but finding colours and types that you like can be hard. I have five lipsticks that are essential in my make-up bag. Some can be worn all seasons and others are season specific.
When it comes to applying lipstick I have a few tricks up my sleeve. First I apply a lip balm to moisturize and keep chapped lips at bay. This also makes applying the lipstick easier. Then I line my lips with a lip liner that matches the skin tone of my outer lip. This helps create definition as I have small lips but also gives me boundaries to apply the colour within. Lastly, I apply the lipstick using a lipstick brush. Using a brush really helps to apply the lipstick with precision and prevent smudging beyond the natural line of your lips.
Here are my favourite lip colours!
- Rebel by M.A.C – I’m in love with the deep richness of this colour. This is definitely a colour to wear in the fall and winter months for a night out on the town with your best girls and a LBD.
2. Lust for Blush by Maybelline – I love this colour for so many reasons. It’s affordable, its matte and the colour is the perfect neutral tone. I can wear it day or night and with just about anything. Highly recommend this drug store brand!
3. M.A.C Red by M.A.C – I think the name speaks for itself when it comes to this colour. It’s a staple red that every woman should own.
4. Betsey by Stila – This lipstick screams summer. Add bronzed skin, sun kissed hair and you have the perfect summer look. The people at Stila knocked this one out of the park with the addition of peppermint oil (it smells SO good) and a mirror at the top of the cap. Does it get much better then that?!
5. Cruella Velvet Matte Lip Pencil by NARS – This is lip pencil just came into my life recently and let me tell you it is the BEST. First off NARS has a soft spot in my heart. I have never tried a NARS product I didn’t like. This product being one of them – it does not disappoint! The pencil is ideal when it comes to precision, the colour is the perfect matte red and my lips never look dry wearing this product even after hours of wear. This one is a must try people!
What are some of your favourite lip colours? Am I missing any? Let me know in the comments below!