Today’s milder weather here in Toronto has me dreaming of spring temperatures and spring colours. So I thought I’d share my top nail polish picks for spring 2016! One thing you should know is that I actually wear pastel spring colours year round. Sometimes I mix it up with a deep grey or blue in the fall and holiday colours around Christmas but for the most part my go-to’s year round are pale pinks and nude colours. One of my closest friends says that I like “the boring colours” – she loves the neon brights all year round – but the positive I take from that is I have a wide collection of pastel colours to choose from! Here are my top five colours for spring ’16!
- Sugar fix by Sally Hansen Miracle Gel – LOVE this pastel blue. It’s the perfect colour to transition from spring through summer. It’s fun, colourful, and bold but still has a “spring” feel to it which is why this is one of my top picks!
- Figi by Essie – Ok, so I think most people can agree that this is their go-to colour. Essie’s Figi is THE perfect colour in my opinion. This colour is bright and fun but is neutral enough that you can wear it day-to-day. Pick this colour for your next mani, I promise you won’t get bored of it.
- Find Me An Oasis by Essie – This colour is new to my collection. It’s hard to describe this colour perfectly but I would say it’s somewhere between an off-white and robin egg blue. Love love love!
- Birthday Suit by Sally Hansen Miracle Gel – I love this nude colour! It’s an opaque nude so it gives you a pop of colour without being too much. An ideal colour to transition from day to night.
- Soul Mate by Sinful Colours – The best way I can describe this colour is halfway between rose pink and coral. This is definitely the most “colourful” of the group and I don’t wear it as often as the others but it’s a great colour to transition into summer!
As you can see above there’s a bit of a trend, I primarily have colours from two different brands. Ideally I would like to be more diverse with my nail polish brands but I’m not. I found two brands I love and they never fail to impress so I just stick with ol’ faithfuls. I love Essie because of their colour choices. I find they have the widest range of colours to choose from and I love them all. I love Sally Hansen Miracle Gel (or Complete Salon Manicure) because the polish seems to last the longest on my nails without any chips and the wide brush helps for precise application.
P.S. Sally’s Hansen’s Miracle Gel Top Coat is AMAZING! It gives your nails volume and really helps to make your manicure last longer without chipping. I use it as my top coat for all my at-home mani’s.
What are your favourite nail polish colours for this season? Am I missing out on any? Let me know in the comments below!